Quantcast

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:38 pm 
Lao Tzu

Welcome to The Study.

Here are guidelines for the IGRG. Currently, reading groups are limited to 5-6 people.

1. One person takes turns leading the group through a reading (perhaps not a whole book, explained below) that has some relevance to helping us learn more about inner game.

2. The reading is posted somewhere so we can either find it ourselves, or perhaps download a version of it (copyright laws, observed...explained below).

3. Though whole books can be read, keep the reading length to something like 30 pages MAX (also subverts copyright laws).

Reading Time/Length: The reading should be no longer than what can be read in one week's time, or possibly two weeks time.

The Goal: Find a chapter or two that you feel really gets to the heart of what you found personally meaningful about that book. Copy that chapter, post it. We read it. You guide us through sharing what it is about the reading that you found, useful, relevant, or interesting.

4. The reading group members can post questions, critiques, complaints, objections, or interpretations of the reading on This forum space.

SKYPE We coordinate a skype call or some other type of virtual meeting to discuss the reading "live."

5. After the reading is complete, the next person is chosen and the process begins again...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm 
Lao Tzu

Hey guys,

I have chosen select passages from St. Exupery's The Wisdom of the Sands

The chapters jump all over and have no real structure. So, the following "chapters" are the ones you'll want to focus on:

Each short "parable" was chosen because I noticed A.I. themes in them, but also new issues to consider when thinking and feeling through one's inner game issues and development.

The story is written very "flowery" and at times is down right mysterious. So feel free to post questions here, or comments. This is a story of sorts...enjoy!

Read on!

I suggests a time of 2 weeks to complete the reading....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:49 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

I finished the reading, and I love it and am planning to read it through a few more times to understand it better. I really loved chapter 83, with the wells, but I'm not fully understanding it, so it'd be cool if you could point me in the right direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:08 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

Will you send a pm or do we get it by ourselves? Also I don't know how to change my email in my forum profile, so here it goes (my old hotmail account died) my new address: khazarblogger@gmail.com, just in case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 am 
Get Real Graduate

Do we just read everything you dropboxed us or do we sift through those pages and find actual chapters? Btw I'll be on a class trip from Wednesday-Saturday so if there's any discussion/skype calls I'll be out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

The pages he dropboxed are just those chapters, just some other chapters were on part of a page one of the selected chapters was on, so there's a little extra. I did notice there's a few pages missing from like 231-234 though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:29 pm 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

Hey guys can one of you send me the link to this dropbox link? I have no forum pms (probably it was sent to my hotmail account, which is dead).

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:38 pm 
Lao Tzu

jjahuja wrote:
Do we just read everything you dropboxed us or do we sift through those pages and find actual chapters? Btw I'll be on a class trip from Wednesday-Saturday so if there's any discussion/skype calls I'll be out.

Nope. Not all of it. Just read the passages that begin with the numbered chapters listed above and now here, below.

So, yeah, sift through and read those "chapters"

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:51 pm 
Lao Tzu

Pianoman888 wrote:
I finished the reading, and I love it and am planning to read it through a few more times to understand it better. I really loved chapter 83, with the wells, but I'm not fully understanding it, so it'd be cool if you could point me in the right direction.

Yup. These passages are intentionally "dense." They are, at times, just a clusterfuck of odd yet grammatically correct uses of language. As a result, it will take some re-reading to truly get in to the flow of its "world" or "reality."

When reading it, just take what you can get. Then, as you re-read it, you'll start to "get" even more.

The bit about "the wells." The scene of this book takes place in the desert. The "beauty of the desert" is that somewhere it hides a well. The wells are "prizes" in a dry and arid desert. But not all wells are seen...they are simply assumed to be out there, somewhere. They are invisible to the eye, yet the desert is made more "beautiful" for one who can "dream" of them. A "line of force" is created when a motivational "I ought to pursue" type feeling, or in other words, " your purpose," intertwines with those "dreams" and thus manifests in your "reality."

Not sure this helps...or does it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:16 am 
Be Powerful Powerhouse

So, like the laughing stars at the end of The Little Prince :) . I didn't get what you mean by "and thus manifests in your "reality."" tho. The rest I understood, thanks.

Board index : THE LOUNGE : Inner Game Essentials

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next